Kanban – a path to lean
Note: this course is customisable
Duration: 2-3 days
Topics Covered (sample)
- Introduction to the key Lean values and principles
- Key concepts underlying lean and Kanban, such as queuing, systems and constraint theories
- Kanban and the Kanban Core Practices
- Value Stream Mapping and Tracking – exposing bottlenecks
- Work In Progress limits and Managing Flow
- Kanban metrics
- Continuous Improvement
- Hybrid approaches
- A Kanban Simulation (3 hours)
Exercises will be used throughout the course allowing participants to practice the elements of Kanban and lean techniques. Where possible the participants own context will be used.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Transformation Agents, Agile and Lean Champions, Project Managers, Developers, Testers, Analysts and any other roles contributing to software development and IT.